Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Watch On Line Lili Carati

Letter to a Woman Never Died


Cara Oriana,
il tuo cognome non poteva essere una più acuta profezia: 
Fallaci non sei solo tu, ma anche tutti quelli che da quando sono usciti i tuoi libri scandalo sull’Islam ti tacciano d’inciviltà, fascism and so on and so forth.
I saw a video on YouTube in which Guzzanti make you an imitation so heavy, foul-mouthed and vulgar that I do not have known how to explain, but unfortunately I know you've had time to see it too. Mind you, the brothers prefer to Corrado, but even if she does not make me crazy to be a person smart enough and sensitive.
Moreover, certainly better than I know that the human desire for a scapegoat is one of those things that will never die. People often do not manage their own free will with clarity: it is sometimes easier to give him to someone trying to fully understand his reasons, and this makes it extremely as well as those who are attacking. Do you know something, right ...?
However, I do not think your reaction was unjustified. Just because you have seen and experienced firsthand the devastating effects of a war, now I understand you fear that a certain kind of political fundamentalism / religious conflict could lead to yet another world-wide, even more absurd and tragic.

Someone pointed out that you have openly sided with the U.S. , celebrating an excessive patriotism and sense of justice, in fact, also according to me you were a little hasty. In my opinion you should not even use this name, America, to define a land that should have names in the North Indian (Native American Indian languages, the ones left), and the center and south, respectively, in Nahuatl and Quechua.
The "Americans", that we Europeans, mainly British and Iberian, we have taken away millions of indigenous people and their world by force, and now happens to the U.S. is by far the nation's paranoia about alleged alien attacks and / or disasters and / or organized terrorism. Are you afraid to bring you off the ground, hmmm? I would say. Do not you remember that the same land are taken by force, with guns and the cavalry? Not to mention the epidemics that decimated the native helpless (but in that they too are taken a gruesome revenge: I think the syphilis we have donated with joy).

You had a nice little saying of Jefferson and Franklin and their huge idealism, but be objective: the first three and a half centuries Cortés had massacre of those who really had to assert its independence, and I do not remember anyone ever . As for North America, native Indians decimated by dint of alcohol and beautiful promises are still one of those people who have no voice, even worse than our Chechens. Not to mention the slave blacks, historical pretext for the Civil War , released with great fanfare just to be sacrificed.
No, definitely not we, dear Oriana. The Americans usurpers have only proven to be the order of 700 adolescent children of Europe: they have tried to create a world where the Enlightenment triumphed, but has only triumphed in its blind conceit.
You can not be idealists on the skin of others. You can not celebrating democracy imposing it elsewhere, you can not standardize everything to himself, or eliminate those who does not comply.
You first should know that you can not execute in the name of justice.

Anyway, Oriana, what's done is done, and you're not sure which kind you are to speak. Sure, it's hard. It's hard to admit that we live in a world weary, scared and very disillusioned, where no nation can be said of other less dirty. Even the Norwegians are guilty of atrocities environment (I'm referring of course to the question of whales), so even the happy island Scandinavian entirely blameless.
It makes it hard to juggle the pitfalls of religious fanaticism and the Science of the Almighty, that poor girl, I understand, wants to be the flagship of a new "secular faith" in human rationality, a kind of post-Enlightenment humanism, but this is pretentious and utopian, we are still far from a conscious and co no knowledge of us and the world that can be said at least basic, and strive to be objective to the nth degree is not always the best method.
The comforting thing is that I think we're still on track, but only because we know that the track is never the extreme, one that excludes all others, the road branches off to follow unpredictably, sometimes inaccessible at times flat, sometimes with a view to isolatissima times, and certainly we will never know where it will lead: to the last point I think we are all in agreement.

Finally, Oriana, I wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry you suffered so much in your life. I'm sorry that the price paid to give us the words so dense as those describing A man has been so high for you. I regret that today there are those who t'insulta, who angry with your anger, because you have the right to be angry and not sure if it says I need: there are weights in the long run the split back, there are burdens which gradually devour the soul.
Your anger should not therefore be the flag of your blind nor idolaters nor the Left banner of your detractors, your anger is yours and that's it, and everyone who has read a manifesto that ends in some macabre -ism show not to be different from that which rejects and condemns you.
However, I imagine that you will agree with my words. You wanted to take sides, judge, take the law with the blade of the words. Yet I believe that deep down you We know that, as Gandhi said, by dint of an eye for an eye the world will become blind.
I do not think that a woman devoted to research, knowledge and encounter the other is willing to pay so dearly for a personal vendetta though understandable. The global blindness, not knowing where we're going, so this would be irreparable, and you know it.

For what it's worth, you have all my respect and my respect and deep admiration for your communication skills and ultimately literary. I would love to meet you, I would like to hear, still interested in you when I could have a direct feedback. I did not, and now I regret it.
wonder if you regret something you are, something you've written or that you did. In my opinion, did you leave regrets after on purpose, so do not be tempted to confess. It would be up to you.

Goodbye, Oriana, I leave you to your duties, if you are still somewhere else, you will surely find something to tell, and above all someone to tell it. Hasta la última palabra
, siempre.

0 comments:

Post a Comment