Saturday, February 27, 2010

Free Streaming Old School Tiffany Towers

DMB, ovvero Do not Miss the Best. Live Dave Matthews Band della Padova (25 febbraio 2010)



One Sweet World Satellite

Spaceman
Seek Up 
Funny The Way It Is 
Seven 
Don’t Drink the Water 
So Damn Lucky 
Why I Am 
Lying In the Hands of God 
When The World Ends 
So Much To Say 
Anyone Seen The Bridge 
Too Much (Fake) 
Ants Marching 
You and Me 
All Along The Watchtower 
__________________
 
Baby Blue 
Sledgehammer 
Shake Me Like a Monkey 
__________________
 
Two Step 


Il fatto che continuasse a dire “buongiorno” anziché “buonasera” non era un errore: con un fulgido astro as Dave Matthews on stage you could even forget the time. What in fact have crumbled under the powerful blows of Carter Beauford, the usual host of wonderful band.
The minutes turned into rhythm, the adrenaline rush hours, the time has become a long mix of funk, rock, blues, and so on and so forth - because the DMB does not seem to care labels, deo gratias.
hoarse voice, sounds powerful and bright, the harmony that is created on the stage slowly, and very often close to perfection: the best of Dave Matthews Band is that is that it is a spectacular and ever satisfied with work in progress.
They are the only band I know whose concerts do not seem to be the result of musical training behind closed doors, but yet another practice session brought under the spotlight. Paradoxically, missing only the "boundary" that the true test would be: breaks, speeches and jokes between them, rivers of alcohol. And I must admit that, as far as can be waived on jams and Bacchus - so usually, although it was not the case yesterday, Dave was already drunk before going on stage - some more action from the frontman would not be all bad. But perhaps a bit 'cause he's so on the edge of autism (the proof is his character in that episode of House ), a little 'because they do not know Italian, perhaps the brakes, unfortunately I never heard from the stage of our jackboot those long speeches more or less ridiculous that you leave to go live in some U.S..
But anyway. Seeing them play live is always fierce emotion. My first time was in Lucca , last summer, and I have not written because there are no proofs failed: I did not want, as often happens, the words did fade the memory, which was perfect. So perfect after all that there was nothing to say here. There remained only the indelible sense of pleasure experienced, and the immense satisfaction of having heard him play almost all the pieces in that time made me mad; The Dreaming Tree all. And then there was # 41, with that absolute so refined to shred the heart, and You Might Die Trying , powerful, raw, diluted in half by Tim Reynolds just melts the hearts more tough.
short, Lucca is a fixed star in the firmament of dreams coming true. But the live Padova, setlist for both sound quality (even better than that of Tuscany), could easily become a disk.
Initially, I admit, I was a bit 'disappointed by the opening track: One Sweet World and Satellite , two of the songs Tranquillini of DMB. Belle perhaps to savor in the room, catching nuances of sound and voice, but make sure live without. I could not help but think of indescribable emotion I felt when, in Lucca, attacked with Do not Drink the Water, just like that of Central Park (DDTW then however there have also granted Thursday for luck).
When Dave announced Spaceman was already better, and I sincerely hope that his predictions about the start and finish quietly even quieter not come true. I trembled to begin to dance.
And then, finally, the wonder: Seek Up . It's amazing that two of the DMB live I've heard the crème de la crème of their pieces ... (J) semi-sweet. From there, the magic began to spread through endorphins.
So Damn Lucky was an unexpectedly pleasant interlude: although a bit 'too much falsetto for my liking even though it has an ending poignant, led me to make a slow sentimentalist improvising with my boyfriend. The evening then continued with a crescendo of wonder and adrenaline, which went on to star All along the watchtower, where I cried more than ever after having sung live this summer too (/ me only modest performer musicians in a group that boasts of well-alt (r) or level) I liked to think that Dave had given me the possibility of a duet.
Finally, the wait Shake me like a monkey (not could not did) has given the coup de queue before closing with a flourish Two step, I knew that when DMB was one of my favorite songs absolute: I think I know by heart every single variation of the version in Central Park (if it is still claro, my favorite live together with that of Lucca).
exit, I have taken the whim of a sweatshirt Tarot - forgive me the DMB, but the official merchandise is a drain in disguise - so I could bring wearing their name and spread the word as it should be.
car, I immediately fell asleep, tired as a Bacchante after the orgiastic frenzy. A bed, then, before being fought over and what a romantic embrace of Morpheus, I could say, "But, how nice." And I was not referring only to the evening, but the fact that there is a group able to give me emotions so strong that it has become, now two years ago, the soundtrack of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment